ART OF ABUNDANCE Mini-Retreat
SHARED ROOM Package:
- Two nights’ accommodation in the Casuarina rooms at the wonderful Binna Burra Mountain Lodge
- The three-day Art of Abundance Mini-Retreat program, your handbook and all materials
- Buffet breakfast and morning tea (Sat & Sun), afternoon tea, sunset nibbles and a 3-course dinner (Fri & Sat)
- Guided senses walk in Lamington National Park on Day 2
- Use of the Lodge’s facilities
What’s the Art of Abundance program about?
This energetic and expansive new three-day mini-retreat is an adventure in creativity in a gorgeous rainforest setting… Designed to allow you to let go, dream and play!
Suitable: This program is suitable for enthusiastic beginners or those with some prior painting experience. You will learn the 4-Step ‘Painting Made Easy’ technique which will take all the stress out and leave you free to enjoy the adventure. All you need is a desire to let what you have inside out into the world.
- Explore the canvas as a portal to see how you ‘do’ life and open to hear where you wish to create more abundance and joy
- Slow down and find new ways of sensing and being present in the moment
- Have fun and allow the senses to play without limitations
- Reconnect with yourself and, by extension, your confidence around your own style of creativity.
In the retreat, you will complete at least two medium-size acrylic paintings using Michelle’s easy to follow technique. You will also slow down, listen deeply, laugh, reflect and connect with the dreamer inside of you.
You will be provided a range of paints, brushes and drawing materials as well as handouts for the Art of Abundance Mini-Retreat program.
Max. retreat no.s – 12
What people are saying about the Art of Abundance program…
“I love, love, loved it! Thank you so much” – Lindsey Andrews, Tweed Heads, Australia
“It was relaxing, friendly and non-threatening. I had a chance to just do something different” – Ann Peterson, Tandur, Australia
“The workshop was Awesome! I learnt so much and really enjoyed being in the creative flow” – Jacky Croke, Possum Creek, Australia
“I loved it! I had no expectations for the day except learning something new and having fun! An Awesome Day!” – Joanna Fynn, Gold Coast, Australia
“I loved learning about colours – that was the most fun thing. And I enjoyed getting messy!” – Marja Anderson, Brisbane, Australia
What people are saying about Michelle’s retreats…
“Michelle’s retreat was more than just a relaxing time away. Through Michelle’s amazing guidance and facilitation, I identified some major blockages in my life and areas that I felt were empty and not fulfilled.” – Melitta Marr, Sunshine Coast, Australia
“I use so many of the techniques and ideas I learnt from Michelle at the Retreat and found they have helped greatly during times of high stress.” – Brenda Davy, Sydney, Australia
“The Retreat was an incredibly freeing experience. I expanded my thinking about my own creativity and deepened my respect for the creative act. I recommend this retreat to all.” – Chrissy Schyff, Uki, Australia
What to bring…
- casual, comfortable clothes that you won’t cry if you spot paint or glue on (I will also have aprons for you!)
- casual, warm clothes for dining
- a warm jacket – the mountain can get cold!
- sturdy walking shoes for the rainforest explorations (we will be staying to the graded tracks, so don’t worry)
- your journal, drawing pencils, favourite brush or any other art materials you wish to bring
- if you are interested in the birds, your binoculars
Some questions you might have –
Q: Do I have to be creative or artist to join?
A: No, not at all. Come exactly how you are, as you are. There are no pre-requisites for this program though I strongly suggest come with an open and curious mind and an open and compassionate heart. Nothing in the program requires you to have Picasso-like skills!
Q: What’s provided in the Casuarina Rooms?
A: Each room is located in a rainforest setting and contains:
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Small bar fridge
- Heater and fan
- Daily room service
- Wash basin vanity unit (separate bathroom facilities close to rooms on the same level are shared by just a small number of other guests)
- Double or twin beds
To help guests leave the outside world behind, televisions and telephones, clocks and radios whilst available in the Lodge, are not found in guest rooms.
How to get to the venue:
Q: What’s the easiest way to Binna Burra from Brisbane?
A: It’s an easy all-bitumen drive from Brisbane. If travelling on the Pacific Motorway M1, take the Nerang turn-off (exit 69 Southbound) and follow the signs Nerang West/Binna Burra. Take the turn off to Beechmont and head straight up the mountain. Binna Burra Lodge is located 10km from the roundabout, at the top of the mountain. Allow approximately 90 minutes from Brisbane.
If travelling south from Brisbane on the Mt Lindsay Highway (Beaudesert Rd), turn left at Jimboomba on to Mundoolun Connection Rd at the service station. On reaching the T intersection, turn left towards Tamborine/Beenleigh; after 2km turn right to Canungra. (If travelling from Beaudesert follow the Gold Coast signs to Canungra.) Once at Canungra, follow the signs 19km to Beechmont and 10km from the roundabout to Binna Burra Mountain Lodge.
Q: What’s the easiest way to Binna Burra from the Gold Coast?
A: From the Pacific Motorway M1, take the Nerang turn-off (exit 73 Northbound) and follow the signs Nerang West/Binna Burra. Take the turn off to Beechmont and head straight up the mountain. Binna Burra Lodge is located 10km from the roundabout, at the top of the mountain. The trip will take you approximately 60 mins from Coolangatta or 50 minutes from Surfers Paradise.
Q: Is there a shuttle from the airport?
A: Binna Burra Lodge can arrange a transfer from either the Brisbane or Gold Coast airports. Bookings are essential and should be made at least 24 hours in advance. Exact prices are available from the Lodge at the time of booking, however as an indication – Gold Coast airport shuttle is approx. $175 per vehicle (can take 1-4 people) and Brisbane airport shuttle is approx. $280 per vehicle (can take 1-4 people). For bookings or more information, call 07 5533 3622 (within Australia) or +61 7 5533 3622 (overseas callers).